The fundamental basis of our gatherings is briefly stated below.
1. Salvation through faith in Christ alone. (John 14:6, Acts 4:12.), i.e. Repentance towards God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:21).
2. Believers baptism by total immersion. (Matthew 28:19,20; Romans 6:3,5).
3. Observance of the Lord's Supper on the first day of the week.(1 Cor. 11:23-28; Acts 2:42; Acts 20:7)
4. Acknowledgment of the headship of Christ by the twofold obedience to the Word:-
(a) Women have heads covered, and remain silent in the public gatherings 1 Cor. 11:5-10; 1 Cor. 14:34; 1 Tim. 2:12.
(b) Men have heads uncovered and are solely responsible to lead in the worship, prayer, preaching and ministry of the word.
1 Cor. 11:3,4; 1 Tim. 2:8.
5. To make known the gospel to others. Matthew 28:19; Phil. 1:27; 1 Cor. 15:1-4.
The Christians who gather unto the name of the Lord Jesus in this assembly desire to walk in obedience to the word of God, and in acknowledgement of the divine inspiration, authority and sufficiency of the scriptures, (the Bible). The fundamental basis of our gatherings is briefly stated below
We are simply Christians. We refuse all sectarian creeds, barriers, bonds or distinctions We recognise no membership other than membership in the body of Christ - the church of Scripture (Romans 12:4-5, 1 Corinthians 12:27, Ephesians 5:30). This is a sufficient bond of union and basis of fellowship, and to this Church all Christians were joined by the operation of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:12-13). No other membership is known to Scripture.
We meet in the name of the Lord Jesus (Matthew 18:20), and welcome as fellow-members all who evidence that they are born again by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:26, Romans 15:7) and who have obeyed the Lord by being baptised (Acts 2:41-42) by immersion and not scripturaly debarred for moral sin (1 Corinthians 5:11) or fundamentally evil doctrine (1 Timothy 1:19-20) or willful association with such (2 John 10). "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence" (Colossians 1:18).
- The Trinity of the Godhead
- The Eternal Deity of Christ
- The Personality of the Holy Ghost
- The Necessity of New Birth
- The Unity in Diversity of the Church,
the Body and Bride of Christ
- The Substitutionary Atonement
- The Supernatural and Plenary
authority of the Holy Scriptures
- The Maintenance of Good Works
- The Everlasting Existence of the Spirit
- The Second Coming of Christ
- The Reality and Personality of Satan
- The Life Everlasting of Believers
- The Endless Punishment of the
- The Resurrection of the Body
- The Virgin Birth of Christ
- The Sinlessness of Christ
To see these verses for yourself please